Hello, and welcome to the on-line home of Summit Springs Farm!
++++ THE FARM IS FOR SALE ! ! ! ++++
+++ NEW PRICE ! ! ! (see below) +++
From 2008 until 2013, Summit Springs Farm was a certified organic vegetable farm with a thriving CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) program that received strong support from our neighbors in Poland and the surrounding communities. As we move on to our next adventure, we hope to pass this amazing property along to other like-minded folks. The potential here is unlimited, for all manner of farming, for recreation, for forestry, etc. Please use the links above to learn more about the history of the farm, to view photos, and to browse through the farm blog (inactive now, but a great way to get a sense of what we were doing here on the farm….more fun photos and videos, too).
- Built in 1895.
- 12 rooms total, with 5 bedrooms and 3 full baths.
- 3rd floor in-law apartment with separate entrance.
- 3600 sq ft above grade.
- Modern appliances.
- Slab basement with sump pump and updated heating and electrical.
- Forced hot water, 2 woodstoves, drilled well.
- 44 acres total.
- 12-13 open acres, a mix of tilled fields and hay.
- Approx. 32 acres of mixed woods, including 5 acres of planted pine close to maturity.
- Veggie fields were certified organic by MOFGA from 2010-2013.
- 2 apple trees, 2 pear trees, 200 row feet of raspberries, well-established asparagus and rhubarb patches.
- Outbuildings include a detached barn/garage, a 30’x96’ hoophouse, and 2 large toolsheds.
- 500 ft of road frontage.
The current price for this property is $315,000.00. We are, however, open to negotiation and to creative financing under the right circumstances.
For more information or to schedule a showing, please call John at (207) 831-8143 or send an e-mail to JWSAYL@hotmail.com. Thanks!
You can also visit us on Facebook.
Summit Springs Farm
222 Summit Spring Road
Poland, Maine 04274